Spiritual Coaching and Direction is a process of self-development and unfoldment across all areas of life experience. It is a holistic approach to knowing the Self in all its dimensions – biological, psychological, social and spiritual.
It helps you make sense of your life-span development by being able to look at how your biology influences you, how your psychology guides your perceptions, awareness and understanding, how your social interactions and relationships have shaped your relating function and your spiritual practices and knowledge give a greater awareness and understanding of your bigger picture of life and purpose.
Spiritual Direction is for anyone of any faith or philosophy – Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, Platonic, Humanistic, Yogic, Atheistic, Wiccan or Jedi.
Deep and evolving relationship with the Self requires a knowledge and practice of techniques and approaches:
- Energisation techniques
- Introspection and self-exploration approaches like journaling
- Relaxation practices and right-breathing technique
- Meditation techniques
- Devotional singing or chanting
- Group meditation
- Expressing spiritual, mental and emotional material through writing, art, poetry, dance, drama, music, singing
- Maintaining a healthy body and mind
- Eating well
- Drinking lots of water
- Avoiding unhealthy foods and over-eating
- Moderation, conservation or sublimation of creative instinct
- Strong will-power development
- Willingness to serve others freely
- The development and practice of prayer
- A realisation that the environment and its resources are all sacred and cannot be exploited for greed and thus harmed
- Regular reading and immersion in the writings of Self-realised saints and sages
- The desire and willingness to find a Self-realised being in body or spirit to guide the process of Self relationship
- The willingness to persevere with all these practices and approaches even when external circumstances challenge, test and cause immense pain, either mentally, emotionally or even physically.
The relationship between Spiritual Coach and Client is a symbol and external form of the deep and whole relationship you already have with your Self within.
The external relationship with the Spiritual Coach is only a reflection of the one you already have with your Self.
Joy is the nature of the Self – beyond all forms, beyond all race, gender, religion, ability, intellect, political ideology, wealth, sexuality, language or any other label of physical or mental trait or characteristic. Joy is our nature and is the essence of the journey we find ourselves in and so we move ever closer, ever together in the unity of that One Ocean of Joy.
Affordable and Professional Spiritual Coaching and Direction
I aim to provide affordable Spiritual Coaching and Direction for as many people as possible. I offer a good faith contract and code of ethics for Spiritual Coaching.
Unwaged/Universal Credit: £15 per session
Low income and Furloughed: £20 per session
Middle-Higher income: £25-30 per session or 10 sessions for the price of 9 (when paid in advance)
Email your Enquiry for a Free Consultation
You are welcome to have a free consultation to explore some more of where you are at and what you wish to achieve. After that there is no obligation to take up formal session-work. I offer coaching and mentoring via video – Skype, VSee – or telephone.
You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crisis Support for Mental Health
Unfortunately I cannot provide 24/7 support. If you need support immediately please contact The Samaritans by calling 116 123 or visiting their website at Samaritans.org or going to A&E.
Also you might find this fact sheet crisis-_teams useful which explains what support is available for you. It is published by the Rethink website and provides a great deal of information. I also provide lots of support and links in this website to help for depression in the resources section.
© Martin Handy 2021Google+