The purpose of this agreement is to outline the various limitations and expectations of this service:
The relationship between a spiritual coach and client is a professional and not a social one. Contact is limited to sessions only and differs from traditional support; what I am offering you is within a professional context.
I am not able to provide 24-hour crisis counselling but if you do require immediate mental health attention, contact the Samaritans on 116 123. Or alternatively, call 999 or go to Accident and Emergency for assistance.
Spiritual Coaching can improve as well as upset the equilibrium in any person or family. It may lead to changes in life perspectives and decisions and these changes could be temporarily distressing.
If at any time you feel dissatisfied with my services as a spiritual coach, you have a right to let me know in order for me to help resolve it. The agreement is made in good faith and this is evident in my ethical commitment to you which is found at the end of this agreement.
If we meet unexpectedly outside of the sessions the Spiritual Coaching relationship comes first, along with protection of your confidentiality. I will not initiate the greetings, unless you do so initially, in case you are accompanied by someone who you do not wish to disclose you are engaging in Spiritual Coaching.
Gifts cannot be accepted, at the beginning, during or at the end of Spiritual Coaching. You are paying for this service.
If I believe that a referral is needed, I may be able to provide some alternatives including groups and/or professionals who may be able to assist you.
Any personalised relaxation and meditation CDs are provided at a cost of £20 each.
If you need to cancel the session please give me as much notice as possible so I can reorganise my diary. I aim to give you as much notice as possible if I have to cancel also.
If you are having online or telephone Spiritual Coaching you can initiate the call at the scheduled time from your phone, computer or device. If you are having online Spiritual Coaching and there is a problem with the quality of the call or connection then please contact my landline phone number and we will continue the session by phone.
RECORDS AND CONFIDENTIALITY
I hold no records of your personal details or any notes of our sessions together other than your contact details in the online software or my phone.
Confidentiality is important but there are circumstances in which I may have to breach that for your own safety and the safety of others:
- You may harm yourself or someone else and I need to inform your GP with your knowledge.
- You may be at harm from someone else and I need to inform your GP with your knowledge or in an emergency the police.
- If you disclose you are money laundering.
- You direct me in writing to make an account of our work together.
- Or I am otherwise required by law to make an account of our work together. You will be informed if this happens.
Electronic communications (email, texting) can be accessed by third parties without consent. They can also be accessed by family in the event of your death or incapacitation. Please be aware of this when sending electronic communications containing personal information. If you would prefer me not to send information containing personal content by email or text please inform me of this.
You do not have permission to post information about me on social media platforms. I am also not allowed to post information on social media about you.
I aim to reply to emails, phone calls and texts within 24-48 hours. I cannot always respond to calls, texts and emails immediately. I do not expect you to do so either.
Spiritual Coaching is currently offered on VSee, WhatsApp or Skype software. However, WhatsApp and Skype platforms may not be able to guarantee complete confidentiality even though they say they do. By signing this contract you are stating that you understand this risk.
CONSENT and AGREEMENT for SPIRITUAL COACHING
By booking sessions with me you:
- Agree to receive Spiritual Coaching services provided by Martin J Handy.
- Understand that you are expected to be an active participant in this process.
- Understand and agree with this document.
My Ethical Commitment to You
You need to be able to participate freely as you work with me towards your desired goals. This requires you to be able to trust me with your wellbeing and sensitive personal information. Therefore, as your Spiritual Director, I take being trustworthy as a serious ethical commitment. I have agreed that I will:
- Put you first by:
- make you my primary concern while I am working with you
- provide an appropriate standard of service to you.
- Work to professional standards by:
- working within my competence
- keeping my skills and knowledge up to date
- collaborating with colleagues to improve the quality of what is being offered to you
- ensuring that my wellbeing is sufficient to sustain the quality of the work
- keeping accurate and appropriate records.
- Show respect by:
- valuing you as a unique person
- protecting your confidentiality and privacy
- agreeing with you on how we will work together
- working in partnership with you.
- Build an appropriate relationship with you by:
- communicating clearly what you have a right to expect from me
- communicating any benefits and commitments that you may reasonably expect
- respecting the boundaries between us and what lies outside that work
- not exploiting or abusing you
- listening out for how you experience our working together.
- Maintain integrity by:
- being honest about the work
- communicating my qualifications, experience and working methods accurately
- working ethically and with careful consideration of how we fulfil our legal obligations.
- Demonstrate accountability and candour by:
- being willing to discuss with you openly and honestly any known risks involved in the work and how best to work towards your desired outcomes by communicating any benefits, costs and commitments that you may reasonably expect
- ensuring that you are promptly informed about anything that has occurred which places you at risk of harm or causes harm in our work together, whether or not you are aware of it, and quickly taking action to limit or repair any harm as far as possible
- reviewing our work with you in supervision if the need arises
- monitoring how you experience our work together and the effects of my work with you.