We have come to believe that energy comes from food, sunlight and oxygen and this is true because of our reliance on what we can see, touch, hear, taste and feel but also scientifically measure. However, most of us in the west have missed the most important source of energy that comes directly from the very space around us, through us and within us – life force. I started using techniques that draw on the life force since 1999 when I lived in Sri Lanka. It is a very subtle life force but also deeply sustaining and revitalising when the techniques are learned and practised well.
I developed these energisation techniques from a variety of sources including Reiki, Quantum Healing, Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Yoga training.
This exercise focuses on the spine and energy centre at the base of the medulla oblongata at the top of the spine at the point where the skull meets the spine. Just touch that point and you will feel a bone protrude. Massage this gently first of all and generate some warmth then follow the guidance below:
- Sit with hands together as this centres the mind and calms the body – close eyes – breathe slowly and deeply with full concentration on the breath. Let all other thoughts, worries and anxieties go for just 15 minutes.
- Concentrate at the medulla oblongata at the back of the head.
- Imagine your spine is like a pipe from the top of the head down to the base of the spine.
- Inhale through the nose and feel cool light energy like water flow in through the medulla at the back of the head and gather inside the head. Continue to do this a few times until you can feel your head fill with light energy. It will feel cool and calming.
- On the next in-breath feel the head fill with energy and on the exhale feel the energy flow from the head centre down the inside of the spinal cord slowly descending, feeling warm and light right down to the base of the spine.
- On the in-breath bring the cool energy up the spine again up to the medulla and then arch through the brain into the point between the eyebrows.
- On the exhale return the flow from the point between the eye-brows back down through the medulla point at the back of the head and down the spine allowing the exhale to fully empty the lungs until you get to the bottom of the spine.
- Repeat this about 7 times and rest. Do no more than this number while you are beginning so you can let the body and mind get used to the energy.
- Just rest in the energisation of the body and mind until you feel the process is complete.
- Thank the energy that has just revitalised you and gradually bring yourself back to the conscious state by opening your eyes and just become aware of your surroundings again.
- Drink lots of water and rest in the peace and calmness of energisation.