I offer regular online counselling for clients, but not in all circumstances. It is best to discuss if this is the best option for your needs.
Some clients occasionally find themselves out of town or circumstances mean they have to stay at home and can’t attend the normal face-to-face sessions. In which case online counselling is a great tool to maintain progress.
I offer online counselling via three different platforms. VSee is used by medical and science professionals because of its security reputation. However, some clients prefer using Skype or WhatsApp where the security and privacy is more highly debated. I ask clients to make a choice but to be aware complete privacy and security cannot be guaranteed for you if you choose to use Skype or WhatsApp.
Occasionally there may be situations when broadband is disrupted and the connection is broken. If this ever happens please call my landline to continue the session. Please do not call my mobile number as mobile coverage can be difficult sometimes due to the area I live in. My landline number is 01794 278372. While we continue the session on the phone we can resume the video call when we are reconnected.
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE ONLINE COUNSELLING
I also provide a number of tips to help you have the best online experience for your counselling. These have been gathered from CPD and additional training for counselling online:
- Close all other applications like email, notifications, web browsers and social media when counselling online. This maximises bandwidth so audio and visual quality is maintained.
- I can manage privacy my end and make sure no one can overhear or interrupt us. However, you are responsible for maintaining privacy your end. Please make sure you will not be disturbed or overheard and that you feel comfortable to explore issues without compromising your own peace of mind at home. Some clients choose to find another location to have their online call and this can give them a sense of space and privacy to make the most of their sessions. If you are disturbed or interrupted by someone have something prepared that you can say or do in order to resume counselling and privacy.
- Try to ensure that I can see your face and shoulders in session work and that the picture is clear and still. Moving the device can be distracting and connections might be disrupted.
- Please keep your mobile phone, message and email notifications switched off as this can be tempting to read and answer while in session.
- If audio is difficult to hear please use headphones. This can enhance the session and help avoid distractions and disturbances.
- If for some reason the connection is broken we try to resume the connection as quickly as possible. If it is not possible to reconnect it is important to call my landline to resume the session. My number is 01794 278372. During this time I will try to resume the online call when the technology permits.
- For online counselling payment is made before by BACS. My account details will be given to you beforehand.
- I have been online counselling for five years now and have always had positive experiences with the technology. It takes a little time to get used to if you have been having in-person counselling but given the current situation online counselling is becoming more utilised and offers people a supportive and positive service for finding ways to be more happy.
If you would like to link up with Skype my Skype ID is martin.handy108.
Please click here if you need to install or reinstall the software: https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/
If you would like to link up using VSee follow these links.
Click here to download the application:
When the software is installed on your device you can open the installation, and then search for my name on the directory using my email address:
Now you are ready for confidential and fully encrypted online counselling. If you have any problems please contact me.Google+